Ornamental Grasses From Alberta, Canada
Pure Prairie Ornamental Grasses from Alberta can turn your flowerbed, garden, patio and deck containers into works of art. We offer several different varieties of ornamental grass that you can use all year long to keep your garden uniquely beautiful.
Why add ornamental grasses to your garden?
- They are beautiful, adding amazing colour, height and motion to your garden.
- Suitable for most zones in Canada and the US
- Ornamental Grasses are low maintenance and grow quickly for great summer, fall and winter colour.
- Environmentally friendly – drought tolerant.
- An excellent companion plant in beds, containers or as a focal point.
- Attracts birds in Summer, Fall and Winter.
- Each kit contains three varieties of grasses – four kits to choose from, $6.00 per kit.
Enjoy seasonal photos of our Prairie Grasses Garden
Images progress in order from January through to December
So what makes ornamental grass from Pure Prairie different?
- Our ornamental grass seed triple pack includes a variety of grains that we have not seen anywhere else. Our seed catalogs and website describes our four seed packages that contain three varieties of prairie grass seed from Canada. Millets Cabernet, Sudan Grass, and Foxtail Millet are just a few examples of the seeds included in those free seed catalogs and packages.
- One triple pack of ornamental grasses from Alberta gives gardeners up to 100 square feet of garden or container space. Compared to the cost of buying potted grasses, at just $6.99 annual grasses are a great value for the gardener and will really bring your ornamental grass garden design to life.
- And for that value, gardeners will get grasses that add height, colour, motion, sound and winter interest to a garden. Adding these kinds of focal points or features can transform your garden dramatically, making it a living work of art.
- Perennial grasses can take two to three years to establish, but our annual grasses will grow to maturity in one growing season and are very versatile. Alternating varieties can completely change the look of a garden from one year to the next.
- Pure Prairie grains are very low maintenance, growing well in many soil types, with or without fertilizers. Since the majority of our grasses are hardy, drought tolerant grass and are great hot weather grass seeds, there's minimal work involved to maintain them. So for those folks living in very dry conditions, we have some excellent Xeriscape options.
- Ornamental annual grasses are the ideal companion plants to contrasting foliage, such as existing flowering broadleaf plants. You can even use them in fresh cut and dried arrangements to bring the beauty of the garden inside your home.
- In addition to extending your enjoyment of the garden long past the actual growing season, annual prairie grass seed when fully mature, also provides shelter and feed for many species of birds. They will encourage and enhance nature's beauty in the environment.
Click on the image above to watch a video from the Gala Awards.
Windows Media Player is required to view the video.
|William Moore Farms Ltd.
RR1, Acme, Alberta, Canada T0M 0A0
403.546.4121 | Email Us
|© 2013 William Moore Farms, All Rights Reserved|